A few other bloggers posted 22 Things Learned as a Mother. I have not been a mother for a long time, but I will take a shot at writing out lessons I have learned so far.
1. I did not know how much I would love and want to protect my child. Sometimes it is overwhelming.
2. I can lose the pregnancy weight, but it has taken time and persistence.
3. I really enjoy just hanging out with my son.
4. I don't need to buy my son fancy toys. He loves plastic cups, dog bowls, etc.
5. I was fortunate to be able to take twelve weeks of maternity leave.
6. Staying home with a little baby is not easy.
7. Being a "working" mom is not easy.
8. My house does not need to be super clean.
9. I love watching my husband be a father.
10. I don't miss eating out so much. Now I look for restaurants with with kids' menus.
11. I can get by with less sleep than I thought.
12. The first three months of babyhood can be hard but so worth it.
13. I should have eaten better when pregnant.
14. It is important to let go of guilt.
15. Sometimes your kid will have to "cry it out."
16. Each child is so unique from the start.
17. I need to make a little time for myself.
18. Do a little bit of laundry or cleaning every day.
19. Ask for help.
20. They grow so fast. Watch the height limits on things, not just the weight limits.
21. Try to stick to a routine but expect the routine to change as they grow.
22. It is important to enjoy the journey.
I hope that I remember to revisit this list in the future. I am sure that it will change.
Here are links to other lists:
Amy Krouse-Rosenthal (click on small films)