Wow... It's been a while since I posted! Maybe I will write a more in-depth update, but for now I will start with Five Frugal Things.
I have been reading some frugal living blogs, which reminded me that I like blogging about things other than just cards. I have been reading The Frugal Girl and The Non-Consumer Advocate, who regularly posts her list of Five Frugal Things. Here is my list:
1. I sewed the holes in Alex's socks to get some more wear out of them. His feet have been growing like crazy, so he may just need bigger socks soon.
2. I returned a $44 pair of designer jeans to TJ Maxx since they would have needed alterations to fit well. I found a $6 pair of almost new crop jeans at Goodwill instead. These are actually a good option for fall since it is still hot here.
3. I continue to check out books from our library instead of purchasing books.
4. I am still driving the first car that I bought in the fall of 2002. It runs well, but it is not looking as good these days.
5. Even better, some days we ride our bikes around instead of driving.
I found a couple of new-to-me blogs this week to add to my frugal reads. I recommend the Frugalwoods and 1500 Days.