I have a new stamp set to play with, so I wanted to make a card. I found the inspiration for the card on two other websites. Jennifer posted some great card ideas with this stamp set and Shimelle's blog showed a fun idea for adding a scalloped border to washi tape.
Here are the instructions to make this card with links to the supplies used:
1. To make the card base, cut an 8 ½ x 11 inch piece of Smokey Slate card stock in half.
2. Score and fold at 4¼ inches to make the card base
3. Trim a piece of Island Indigo card stock to 5¼ x 4 inches
4. Trim a piece of Whisper White card stock to 5 x 3¾ inches
5. Stamp the oval from the Oh, Hello stamp set in Smokey Slate ink towards the upper left corner of the White White piece
6. Stamp the flower from the Oh, Hello stamp set in Island Indigo ink on the left side of the oval image
7. Stamp "Thanks So Much" from the Oh, Hello stamp set in Island Indigo ink on the right side of the oval
8. Adhere two pieces of washi tape from the Gingham Garden set below the oval
9. Use scratch paper and the Scalloped Edge Border Punch to add the scalloped edge to the third piece of wash tape before adhering it to the bottom of the Whisper White sheet.
10. Adhere your Whisper White piece to the Island Indigo piece and then adhere to the Smokey Slate card base.
(Before making the card, I practiced my stamping on scratch paper. If you are using the clear mount stamp sets, then you can use clear acrylic blocks C, D, & E. )
The card is flat and should mail well. :)
Super cute. I have the washi tape too, just have broken it open. Must do now!
Post a Comment